Re: [aspectj-dev] pointcut problem

The *execution* of the ServerSocket constructor happens *within* the
ServerSocket class itself.

Try :

after() returning : within(Server) && call(ServerSocket.new(int)) { ...

instead, since the *call* to the constructor is indeed *within* the Server
class.

Regards, Adrian.

-- Adrian
Adrian_Colyer@xxxxxxxxxx

"Eric Macaulay" <eeoam@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
19/05/2004 13:47
Please respond to
aspectj-dev

<aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[aspectj-dev] pointcut problem

I have the following constructor:

public Server() {
   try {
    socket = new ServerSocket(2004);
   }catch(IOException x) {
    System.out.println("Unable to create server socket.");
    System.exit(-1);
   }
  }

When the ServerSocket constructor returns I want to to print out a message
so I used this code:

after() returning(): within(Server) && execution(ServerSocket.new(int)) {
    System.out.println("listening...");
}

Howeve when I run the program no message is displayed. Can anyone help?

Eric Macaulay

Back to the top