Re: [aspectj-dev] coloring issue

Hi Andy!

Many thanks!

You must not be sorry about the tools... i fully understand the steps you are trying to do and be sure I respect and apreciate very much the AspectJ - AJDT developers and also the community.

[Have a nice day] / [10x]
---
Pope
---
<<There are only solutions...>>

Andrew Clement wrote:

Hi,

This is currently getting some discussion on the ajdt newsgroup (to which there is a web interface
from http://eclipse.org/ajdt).

The problems you are seeing are for two reasons:
- We don't provide syntax highlighting in .aj files right now, only in .java files. - There is some 'post configuration' to do prevent things like the red-squiggly behavior. The post configuration is done through a wizard that we provide but depending on how you are using AJDT, you might not be triggering the wizard. The wizard does a few things: Ensures the default editor .java files is the AspectJ editor. Disables 'eager parsing' (which is leading to your red squiggly problem).

From the layout of your projects, it looks like you imported the examples from AspectJ into Eclipse. Many of them are already packaged with AJDT and if you install them via the New->Examples menu options, the post-config wizard will trigger. The other way to trigger the
wizard is to create a brand new AspectJ project.

If you want to do these steps by hand, first the editor:
In Eclipse, select 'Window'->'Preferences'. Open 'Workbench' in the dialog that appears and select 'File Associations' below it. Next to the '.java' suffix on the right ensure the default editor is the AspectJ one. From your screenshots you have aspectj keywords highlighted in .java files - so you probably
don't need to do this step, I'm including it for completeness.

The step it looks like you *do* need to do is this one.
To disable eager parsing, Open 'Window' -> 'Preferences' again. Open the 'Java' list on the left and select 'Editor'. On the right hand page select 'Annotations' and deselect the top option
'Analyze annotations while typing'.

The key goal for 1.1.7 was to enable the use of AspectJ 1.2 in Eclipse 3.0 - so I'm sorry the tools are
a little rough round the edges.

cheers,
Andy.

*pope <alexandru.popescu@xxxxxxxxx>*
Sent by: aspectj-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

16/04/2004 11:02
Please respond to
aspectj-dev

	aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
	[aspectj-dev] coloring issue

Hi!

I have just installed the new long-time expected ( [happy/]) AJDT 1.1.7
on my Eclipse M8.  I have a little project with aspects (trying to learn
it), and now I see some
coloring issues.

Scenarios:
- inside a project with no ApectJ Nature: opening an .aj file will not
provide any cloring at all
- inside a project with AspectJ Nature: 2 different behaviors: all
underlined in red or ... "Syntax error on token aspect".

Are there any necessary steps to get rid of this behaviors?

Attached are 3 jpg-s showing the above mentioned behaviors.

10x in advance.

PS: i appreciate a lot your ideas and your work. Keep it up!

--
[Have a nice day] / [10x]
---

Back to the top