[aspectj-dev] incompatibility between 1.1 and 1.2 ?

Hi,

I updated my load-time weaving implementation for the Eclipse runtime to the current CVS version of the weaver. Everything seems to work fine except from aspects that are compiled with the -noweave option and AspectJ 1.1 (I had to do this for load-time weaving with AspectJ 1.1).

This is my setting:
- compile aspect with AspectJ 1.1 and -noweave
- load-time weave that aspect into several classes with AspectJ 1.2 weaver code
- result: VerifyError

This setting works:
- compile aspect with AspectJ 1.1 *without* -noweave option
- load-time weave that aspect into several classes with AspectJ 1.2 weaver code
- result: everything works fine

Is this an incompatibility between 1.1 and 1.2? Does this happen to library aspects, too? (library aspects with 1.2 that are compiled with 1.1)? If this is the case, it should be mentioned somewhere in the doc.

Best regards,
-Martin

P.S.: BTW: What are the code changes that make the weaving performance improvements? (Just asking because I do not observe any performance improvements in my case, but maybe I did the same optimisations within my 1.1 weaving code... ;-)