[aspectj-dev] Using pointcuts for Inter-Type Declarations

Unfortunately there is no equivalent of "users.zip" for aspectj-dev so I an
unable to discover the history of this feature. The question I have is why
ITDs, especially declare parents, do not use a type-based pointcut (as
proposed for the pertype clause) instead of anonymous patterns. This would
enable ITDs to exploit abstract pointcuts in the way advice does thereby
facilitating the creation of library aspects.

Thanks

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx
http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

Back to the top