From: George Harley1 [mailto:GHARLEY@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 9:37 AM
To: beatmik@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: 'Russell Miles'
Subject: RE: [aspectj-dev] ajdoc is dead, long live ajdoc

Hi,

It looks like ajdoc is building OK now. The classes are in aspectjtools.jar ; the launcher scripts are being generated (they put JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar on the classpath) and the HTML documentation is present (and correct ?).

When I ran through the ajdoc example that pointed it at the spacewar and coordination packages I found what looked like a nasty bug. In the generated HTML files, links from advice to types and methods in other packages were broken. For example, for aspect coordination.Coordinator, the "before() : synchronizationPoint.." advice advises plenty of stuff in the spacewar package (e.g. spacewar.Robot.run, spacewar.SpaceObject etc). The visible HTML for these advises was correct but the HREF string in the link was not taking package names into account. Through Andy I checked in a fix for this. The affected file is org/aspectj/tools/ajdoc/HtmlDecorator.java. My fix was done in haste in order to help get 1.2 out the door....

Back to the top