Re: [aspectj-dev] weaver jar, publishing api, rollout

That information is very helpful especially the hint about generating
javadoc. WRT the command line I think we still need to stick to a script
that invokes "java":
1. We can't support 1.3: simply instantiating a weaving class loader won't
fix references to the exiting system class loader
(ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader(), Thread.getContextClassLoader()) which
could cause unexpected behaviour. It's OK for middleware environments to do
this in 1.3 because they have better control over class loading.
2. In 1.4 we need to use "-Djava.system.class.loader" which can't be done
after "main()" is invoked.
3. In 1.5 we will need to use " -javaagent:" to exploit the new
java.lang.instrument package.

In both 1.4 and 1.5 we need a lot of command line options so a script make
sense.

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx
http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

Wes Isberg <wes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>@eclipse.org on 15/03/2004 19:40:04

Please respond to aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx