[aspectj-dev] Bug #31460 - Weaving class loader (Re: Adding and testing a new batch script)

Runtime:

I have three classes:
1. ExtensibleURLClassLoader:  Partial re-implementation of URLClassLoader
to facilitate interception of "defineClass()" call.
2. WeavingClassLoader:        Subclass of ExtensibleURLClassLoader that
instantiates and calls a WeavingAdaptor
3. WeavingAdaptor:            Wrapper for BcelWorld and BcelWeaver to make
LTW simpler.

I have currently defined all 3 classes in the "weaver" module to simplify
development and testing however should we build javadoc for
"WeavingAdaptor" or simply describe the interface in the sample docs. It
appears that only classes defined in "runtime" that end up in aspectjrt.jar
have javadoc. I don't think WeavingAdaptor should go in aspectjrt.jar as it
has dependencies on aspectjtools.jar. Longer term a third JAR containing
LTW capability might be more appropriate.

Cheers.

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx
http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

Back to the top