Re: [aspectj-dev] Re: Adding and testing a new batch script

Examples:

1. I have added a new example to the bottom of examples/build.xml based on
"tracing/version2". I have chosen this one as it makes a more compelling
example of LTW because I can invoke "main()" in the sample
(tracing.ExampleMain) rather than the aspect. Running both with and without
an ASPECTPATH configured can show the effect of LTW.
2. I have created a new directory "doc/examples/ltw" to contain both
Windows and Linux versions of "aj" and a readme. The readme will ask the
user to run (1) above first to build the example, configure CLASSPATH then
run the script e.g. "aj traceing.ExampleMain" both with and without
ASPECTPATH to again show the effect of LTW. The script assumes JAVA_HOME
has been set and contains only relative paths.
3. The sample WeavingURLClassLoader is located in aspectjtools.jar along
with the new WeavingAdaptor to simplify packaging and testing. Its source
will be included and explained in the accompanying documentation. There
will also be a link to

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx
http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

Back to the top