[aspectj-dev] Re: Adding and testing a new batch script

> It seems like we can just tell people how to do this,...
I think we should take our lead from other AOP projects like AspectWerkz
that offer a command line script "aspectwerkz" to perform binary weaving.
Also there are quite a few options to be supplied to the JVM so providing a
script will help people to get it right.

>I'd recommend instead updating the examples/build.xml ..
We certainly need to do this especially to show people how to build aspect
libraries suitable for LTW. The approach is slightly different from binary
weaving where it is popular to compile a concrete aspect that extends the
library at the same time as weaving.  This must be done ahead of time for
LTW.

>If you keep it in, would you name it something less likely to be confused
with ajc ...
Agreed but perhaps something a little shorter like "aj-launcher.bat"

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx
http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

Back to the top