[aspectj-dev] eclipse runtime weaving

Hi,

I am currently adapting my enhanced Eclipse runtime that does load-time weaving for plugins to Eclipse 3.0 (and therefore to the new OSGi-based runtime - works perfectly, including a cache for woven classes for next startup :-).

I discussed that with the Eclipse guys who are implementing the new runtime and they provided me with a way to implement the load-time weaving addition to the runtime in a completely separate plugin (no changes to official Eclipse plugins are needed any longer!!!)

I am currently asking myself whether it might be interesting to the AspectJ project to make this somehow part of the project - maybe as an additional module, download, or something else. I would, of course, contribute and continue to improve my complete implementation.

What do you think?

Best regards,
Martin