[aspectj-dev] AJDT memory leak?

I'm on 2.1.2 using the latest AJDT with the latest tree and
have noticed memory usage to consistently grow and not release on gc.
Most recently the out-of-memory situation corrupted my workspace[1]
(which gives me some time to write an email on point).

A test that repeatedly compiles a project in AJDT would be a great
thing to have before the 1.2 release.

I notice in the rebuild that ajdt is not loading because of
a failure in a static initializer (getting images?).  (It would
be nice if all static initializers were protected so that errors
could be reported properly.)  This causes the rebuilder to skip
all AspectJ projects.  Once the rebuild is complete, things seem
to work.

Thanks -
Wes

[1] For those who need to rebuild a corrupted workspace, see
the Workspace Re-Builder Plug-in, a "Spies/Tools" linked off
the Eclipse Core component  development resources page

!MESSAGE Plug-in "org.eclipse.ajdt.ui" was
unable to instantiate class "org.eclipse.ajdt.ui.AspectJPlugin".

Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
	at org.eclipse.ajdt.ui.AspectJPlugin.<init>(AspectJPlugin.java:386)
	... 77 more
at org.eclipse.ajdt.internal.core.resources.AspectJImages.<clinit>(AspectJImages.java:34)

Back to the top