Re: [aspectj-dev] Aspectj Build intructions FAQ question -- org.eclipse.ui.console dependency

Thanks Andy!  That would be great.  I didn't realize the AJDT development was being done in eclipse 3.0 because the of the 3.0 incompatibility problems that were mentioned.  I'll get on board with eclipse 3.0 and see if I can't get get on board with the dev environment in mean time.

- Jeff
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 9:09 AM
Subject: Re: [aspectj-dev] Aspectj Build intructions FAQ question -- org.eclipse.ui.console dependency

Hi Jeff,

That dependency is satisfied by a 3.0 plugin.  We develop AJDT at Eclipse 3.0 but include a compatibility layer so that we can build variants for 2.0, 2.1 and 3.0 eclipse.  Due to all the recent interest in AJDT and obtaining some of the AspectJ fixes - I am going to build a new development version of AJDT and release it as soon as I can (today hopefully).  This is *not* Lancaster, it will *not* work on Eclipse 3.0M5 or later, it will *not* have eager parsing and those other things we have recently shown in screenshots.  But it will have lots of nice things that I'll talk about in the release note... :)

Andy.
AJDT/AspectJ Development.

"Jeff Dalton" <daltonj@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/02/2004 06:16

Please respond to
aspectj-dev

<aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[aspectj-dev] Aspectj Build intructions FAQ question -- org.eclipse.ui.console dependency

Greetings,

I am following the build instructions on the FAQ for getting the source and setting up an AJDT dev environement in eclipse.

One problem I noticed is that ajdt requires org.eclipse.ui.console, which is not included in the packages created through the  import --> external plugin-ins and fragments  wizard.   In order to get a copy of org.eclipse.console.ui I had to get a copy from the eclipse CVS -- which in turn has other dependencies, and so forth.

I am using Eclipse 2.1.2 and also saw this with eclipse 2.1.1.   Does the FAQ need to be updated or is there a way around this?

Thanks,

- Jeff

Back to the top