Re: [aspectj-dev] Themes for AspectJ 1.2

> * Miscellaneous (these things don't fit neatly in any of the above yet)
>
> There are many items carried over from 1.1 planning for example, that we
> should consider (some may fit into the above themes). I'll dig these out
> and post separately. One item I would like to consider is getting context
> information into declare warning / error messages (we had a prototype
> implementation here in Hursley a while back but never got to discussing
> the rights and wrongs on the list as there were other priorities at the
> time). Wes has begun work on some general purpose samples and we should
> continue that.... there's the possibility of a general purpose aspect
> library in time.

Is incremental compilation is still experimental? As a user I think it
would great to firm up incremental compilation because I'm hesitant to use
it given all of the warnings about using it (e.g. "Incremental support in
AspectJ itself is also one of the newest and therefore least tested
features on real world projects." from the AJDT FAQ).

Thanks,
Macneil

Back to the top