[aspectj-dev] bug with injar structure model elements

Bug 43709 reported today causes in an NPE when AJDT's structure view node is
selected for an item advised by an aspect in an injar.

The bad news is that the NPE shows in the typical uninformative Eclipse
dialog.  The good news is that once the user click's "OK" there are no
problems other than the lack of a label for that node.  The problem stems
from the fact that I never implemented the case of structure model elements
living inside JARs.

I've fixed this, added a corresponding test project to AJDT, and added some
UI support to make it clear when something is being advised by an aspect in
an injar (screenshot attached).  Since navigating to the sourceline of the
aspect in the injar is not possible the label is grayed-out.  Also note that
I finally added hyperlink style coloring to the link nodes in the outline
(by adding an AspectJLabelProvider).

So it's all working in CVS.  But the label for injar could be improved (e.g.
give the path to the injar, and the full signature of the advice).  That's
doable but might require us to change the IProgramElement String handle
format, since elements in bytecode aren't naturally identified by
sourcelines--so at the moment we can only look up the sourcefile containing
the aspect.

Mik

--
http://kerstens.org/mik