[aspectj-dev] AspectJ 1.1.1 released

AspectJ-1.1.1 is now available at http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj

For this release we focused on improving the IDE support and
fixing any significant compiler bugs.  We revamped the structure model
so IDE plugins will show more structure (though not yet in
incremental mode), and we improved the performance and scalability

for large projects.  1.1.0 was a first release of binary weaving,
so we also fixed some important -injars bugs users found.  You can

find key changes described in 1.1.1's changes.html file linked from
our homepage and in the distribution. A complete list of fixes can
be obtained from bugzilla using target milestone 1.1.1:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?product=AspectJ&target_milestone=1.1.1

This is a release of the command-line compiler and ant tasks, look out

for companion IDE integration announcements coming soon...

We'd like to shift our attention to AspectJ 1.2, and you can
help free up time for that by participating on the mailing
lists and by submitting bugs, test cases, and patches for the
1.1.X stream.  More than ever, we're relying on the bug database
to prioritize goals and tasks for 1.1.X or 1.2.
If you want a feature or disagree with a bug priority, feel free
to discuss it on the lists, but make sure the important stuff
gets into the database where we have to answer!

On that note, here are some of the people who helped with 1.1.1:

Patches were submitted by Andy Clement, George Harley and Matthew
Webster. We especially appreciate the effort that goes into understanding and
fixing problems in the codebase.

Easy to reproduce bug reports were submitted by Igor Hjelmstrom Vinhas
Ribeiro, Matthew Webster, Pedro Nunes, Charles Zhang, Ron Bodkin, Takao
Nakaguchi, Andy Clement, Chris Bozic, Keith Sader, Stefano Turri, and

Macneil Shonle. We recognize the difficulty of producing clear minimal
test cases from bugs found in large systems and appreciate the work that
goes into these reports.

Thanks and stay in touch,
The AspectJ Team.

Back to the top