Re: [aspectj-dev] Suggestions on isolating errors

Macneil Shonle wrote:
I've been trying to come up with a small test case to show the bytecode
verification error in ajc 1.1.1, but to no avail. Do you have any hints on
how I can isolate the cause? I have 147 source files and need to know
which ones would affect the compilation of a single class. (I've been

It's not very elegant, but I'd suggest that you run 'javap -c' on the class that the verifier is complaining about. Every aspect that affects the given class will be referenced somewhere in the class file, usually through a static method. If the verifier is only complaining about a single method you might find it is enough to discover those aspects that are present in the bytecode for that particular method.

-Jim

Back to the top