[aspectj-dev] Handler advice

All,

If I have handler advice like the following:

public aspect DefaultExceptionHandlerAspect
{
	pointcut classList() :
		within(com.capitalone.risk.service.xml..*) ||
		within(com.capitalone.risk.service.data..*);

	before(Throwable e) :
		classList()
		&& handler(*)
		&& args(e)
	{
		log(thisJoinPointStaticPart, e);
	}

	private void log(JoinPoint.StaticPart jp, Throwable e)
	{
		LoggerConstants.LOGGER.logException(

jp.getSignature().getDeclaringType(),
					e);
	}
}

Does the before advice supplement the code in the catch block (which I would
expect) or override it?

Thanks in advance,

Ron