Re: [aspectj-dev] Changes to AspectJ test suite...

(A comment below to make clear a check-in from last week.)

Also, I'm interested in the cruise-control machine running
the full release build/test cycle, which includes JDK variants,
product tests, etc.  They take hours on my machine (while
a run through all the JUnit and harness tests takes minutes).
Any chance of that happening, with a pointer to most-recent
results?

Adrian Colyer wrote:

To support automatic execution of the full suite of AspectJ tests as part of the cruise-control builds, I've made the following changes/additions to the test harness:

* I extended testing.drivers.Harness with an additional output formatter so that it can produce junit XML formatted test results.

I like this idea.  Another way is to wrap the tests as JUnit tests and
use JUnit to run them.  Last week I updated the code we had for that.
To create a suite programmatically, use HarnessJUnitUtil.suite(...).[1]
To run ajcTests.xml, use AjcTestsUsingJUnit.  You might prefer these
to the output formatter because you can run them in any JUnit GUI
(e.g., in Eclipse) and because they stuff all the test results into
the assertion message, so you can analyze failures without re-running
the tests.  (However, neither this solution nor the xml outputter
properly segregates stderr/stdout as the harness can.)

Thanks -
Wes

[1] This and other files are in testsrc/org/aspectj/testing/drivers.

<snip>

Back to the top