Re: [aspectj-dev] Planning for 1.1.1 and beyond - Call for help on 'ajdoc' like tool

Hi everyone,

I am trying to compile a list of requirements for an ajdoc like tool. However I'm very new to this and am looking for a little help in getting started. Is there an existing list of what the old ajdoc can do ? I've used the tool but my only personal requirement at the moment is to get it working for jdk 1.4.1 but Wes has already mentioned that hacking what is existing to work is not the best way to go, and besides I was kinda hoping it would be fun to work on this in a more open forum than just considering my own needs ;o)

So is anyone interested in coming up with a wish list for an ajdoc like tool, or any technical advice on what may already exist that can be used to give us a foundation. I am particularly interested in getting a common core tool that can completely integrate with the future path of AspectJ using any current features of Java 1.4.1 with an eye to the future 1.5, and possibly integrated feature support for Eclipse - but yet again I'm pretty new to these areas so am not sure what has already been done.

I am hoping to post a wish list for feedback on this list as soon as I can. Wes has already passed on some great suggestions for how to get started but I am hoping the more experienced members of this community can help a novice get started in contributing as actively as I can on this.

Cheers,

Russ Miles

Back to the top