[aspectj-dev] 1.1 release tasks

fyi, I'm still working on a few things before the 1.1 release.
Some things might interest those of you also working on the release.
I plan to work on these tomorrow, and will email when I'm done.

(1) using build/release/build.xml as the release build/test script
This is mostly working, but I plan to test more and add:
  (a) harness runs with the -ajctaskCompiler option, since
      the Ant task adapter now runs the tests in ajcTests.xml
  (b) 1.3 and 1.4 variants, to test under both
  (c) a separate list of manual test steps
      - required are those already listed/agreed by all
      - suggested is just a bucket for things to do

I propose we use this, and not the manual script, for the final
release, for all the usual reason (repeatability, automation...).

(2) The AJDE wrapper is failing some tests in ajcTests.xml.
I haven't investigated yet to determine if it's a wrapper
problem or if AJDE is ignoring some options.  To test, use

    {harness} -ajdeCompiler ajcTests.xml ...

where {harness} is

    java -jar ../aj-build/jars/testing-drivers-all.

(3) document the new Ant forkclasspath option

(4) document how to run the AspectJ 1.1 compiler with Maven

(5) follow-up/help if Erik wants it on the README, etc.
doc changes

(6) review the faq again

Wes

Back to the top