RE: [aspectj-dev] static inter-type field on interface not suppor ted

Rice Yeh wrote:
>   I am migrating my code from AspectJ1.02 to 1.1rc2
> and finding this compliation error message "static
> inter-type field on interface not supported". Static
> inter-type field is supported in 1.0. Now it is no
> more supported. Is it a bug, or just not supported any
> more?

This is an official compiler limitation for 1.1.0.  These fields are hard to implement correctly in the general case, and we believe that such fields can always be put directly on the aspect without causing any harm to the design.  If you have a good example of a case where this isn't true please send it to aspectj-users for discussion.

Is this causing you major problems moving to 1.1, or is it just a minor annoyance?

-Jim

Back to the top