Re: [aspectj-dev] RE: release status

The documentation links into the programming guide are broken, at least from
the index page and probably also from the FAQ (need that linkCheck.sh script!).

As of 4/8 we avoid generating filenames (e.g., "apb.html") by using the id of the node
(e.g., "semantics.html").  That broke old links but also should mean the new
links will be more robust.  I think the link fixes don't require retesting the build
and should be in rc2, but wouldn't object to rc2 going out without them.
I plan to make them and check them in, unless someone objects.
To back them out, see
   modules/docs/dist/doc/index.html
   modules/faq/faq.xml

Wes

P.S. - The release step of pushing the docs to the web is not included in
build/release-checklist.txt.  It is mentioned in build/readme-build-and-test-aspectj.html,
though without enough detail to be useful.  We are planning on not pushing
the documentation until the 1.1 final release, and before that I will try to update
the release documentation (if not build/release/build.xml).  Before the final, the
online faq is will not be updated, since the online docs use the old file names.