[aspectj-dev] incremental not resolving unmodified types

I just backed out a bad change I made to AjBuildConfig.java to
add the output directory to the classpath.  The change is bad
because it hides the compiler's not using its own type cache
successfully.   I updated the test harness to stop adding the
output directory by default when compiling, which hid the same
bug.  Then I committed two test cases to
tests/ajcTestsFailing.xml that fail during incremental
compilation to resolve types defined in unmodified files.
Interestingly, either test fails only when run first.  I do get
the same errors when manually running the same scenario using
ajbrowser or the command-line incremental mode.  In Ajbrowser it
seems easier to get consistent errors.  I can't explain this
behavior.  I couldn't find in a brief search any static state or
timing dependencies that affected this. (Sounds subtle or
stupid!)

In any case, if you are getting problems during incremental
compilation with types in unmodified files not being resolved,
you can try working around them for now by adding the output
directory to the classpath.

Wes

Back to the top