RE: [aspectj-dev] Compiler monitor messages

Andrew Clement wrote:
> I've rebased AJDT on this new aspectj 1.1 code and I'm finding I get
> hardly
> progress message callbacks from the compiler.  I used to get all the
> details about munging this and weaving that.  Now, regardless of project
> size, I get two messages "compiling source files" and "weaving aspects" -
> this seems to occur either when invoking it in an incremental way or a
> 'full build' way.  Anyone have any ideas about what is happening?

This is probably my fault.  I had to make a number of changes to this integration when making the move from eclipse-2.0 to eclipse-2.1.  I sent mail at the time to this list trying to make people aware of the change:

> Mik & Adrian: I had to make a few changes to ajde, particularly to
> progress monitoring.  I ran the unit tests successfully, but I thought you
> should be aware of the changes to your code.

The best answer from my point of view would be for you to add a unit test to ajde that would check that you're getting enough progress info, and then I could hopefully update the builder to provide the desired behavior.

I know that the BuildNotifierAdapter is being updated with numeric progress information during compilation.  Do you also want its setText method to be called for each file that is compiled and woven?

-Jim

Back to the top