[aspectj-dev] incremental structure models, options

I just checked in a lot of hacking to AJDE.  Unit tests in the tree now all work (except the one incremental test), and ajbrowser supports incremental compilation.  It has a checkbox in the options pane for the incremental flag.  To rebuild all in this mode, hold the shift key down when building.

Only the rebuilt portion of the structure model is displayed.  Indeed, I don't understand how the structure model is managed during incremental builds.  Normally it's built during the compile as a side-effect of weaving, updating munged units as available.  But during incremental compiles, not everything is munged (true?), which suggests a more difficult algorithm for updating an existing tree (removing invalidated relations/nodes and adding new ones).  I'd be interested in how this is or will be solved; I assume it will take a full rebuild of the structure tree.  In the interim, a batch compile is required to get a full structure model in ajbrowser.

Somewhat separately, I've updated options handling.  First, it no longer proceeds after ignoring errors; it lists the errors it finds and fails with a separate usage message.  Second, options are now combined.  The local config file is the default, but *any* unspecified options may be set via the project properties or the build options.  (Before, only files were permitted in the IDE config files.)  This means we use the same code for all options processing, but IDE support wanting more control should do the fixup in CompilerAdapter (or some delegate method added to a published adapter).  And yes, unflagged directories are now recognized as an option failure.

Thanks -
Wes

Back to the top