[aspectj-dev] weaving information via messages

Hi,

for the dynamic weaving functionality that I implemented for the Eclipse runtime I need to know which aspect got woven into which class. Therefore it would be good if the weaver would generate messages during the bytecode weaving. Those specialized messages could contain information for the aspect and the class. I implemented a special subclass of Message and added the creation of the message to the BcelAdvice class (a simple test case for this as well). I used the Message.INFO kind for this to not modify the IMessage interface. It might be better to have a special IMessage.Kind for that, something like "WOVEN". What do you think about this kind of information mechanism?

In addition to that I believe there are more places (in addition to BcelAdvice.implementOn(..)) where this kind of information should be generated, but I do not know exactly, where they are. Do you have any idea where I should put this message creation, too?

Best regards,
Martin

Back to the top