[aspectj-dev] fyi, change in runtime to support JDK 1.1

To avoid a NoClassDefFoundError when running under JDK 1.1.X, I changed the
runtime module to build under 1.1 by removing a class with no clients that I
could find.  I hate to make a binary-incompatible change to the runtime at this
stage, but it blocked JDK 1.1 compatibility, and the fix seems to work (although
I haven't added 1.1-specific tests in the tree).

If anyone thinks this is a bad idea, please revert the change, including the
update to modules/lib/test/aspectjrt.jar.

(Also, to support reflection-less environments, we might consider removing the
last vestiges of dependencies on java.lang.reflect (only Modifier?).)

Wes

Back to the top