RE: [aspectj-dev] AspectJ 1.1rc1 Package-and-Test dry-run report

Yay!  This looks really good.  I hope that you and Wes can work out a good way of merging this detailed script into the build documentation.

I have a few small comments.

> * ran harness -release -logFail ajcTests.xml , saved results to
> ajcTests-result-1.1rc1.txt
>       - **2 failures**
>       (1) source locations within expressions  [anticipated, as discussed
> on aspectj-dev]

I'm going to defer tracking this down until after rc1 when we have some "leisure" time.  Hopefully Erik and Wes will be able to chime in about the configurations of their machines and the behavior of this test that they observe.

>       (2) assert and pertarget crashes compiler - this test passes on a
> 1.4
> JDK, but fails under 1.3.1
>       as used for our testing (see Environment section)

This test requires a 1.4 vm to run on because it uses assertions.  I've modified the entry in the test suite to specify 'vm="1.4"' which I believe will fix this by not running the compiled code unless a 1.4 VM is available.  I haven't verified that the fix works.

> * ran harness -release -logFail ajcTestsFailing.xl, saved results to
> ajcTestsFailing-result-1.1rc1.txt
>       - all 5 fail (expected?? - but deviation from release notes in
> readme-build-and-test-aspectj.html

I see where this is mentioned in the build instructions, but I don't understand it.  Tests in ajcTestsFailing are expected to fail, and I don't see any reason to run them as part of the (already long enough) release process.  Hopefully Wes can help us understand this part of the instructions?

Even though your testing didn't find any bugs for me, I have two fairly high-priority bug reports that were submitted last night that I'll try to fix today for tommorrow's final build.

-Jim

Back to the top