Re: [aspectj-dev] RE: Status of AspectJ test cases...

I believe these two tests are valid, but we have never passed these
incremental compilation tests.  Specific comments follow.

Jim.Hugunin@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Adrian Colyer wrote:
> > Four failing tests remain:  (these are the same four that were failing
> > when
> > I started work)
> >
> > In TaskdefModule Tests:
> >
> > * org.aspectj.tools.ant.taskdefs.AJcTaskTest (line 248)  : testNoFile

The test expects an error if no source files are specified for compilation.

(Still, do an update; I added aspectjrt.jar to the classpath (not needed),
since the related (new?) compiler warning was causing all tests to fail.)

> > In TestingDriversModulesTests
> >
> > * org.aspectj,testing.drivers.HarnessSelectionTest.checkSelection (line
> > 255) : testIncrementalSuite

This test case runs 8 incremental-compile scenarios; all should pass, but
only one does.  Set verbose=true to read the failures in the messages:

---- one is that deleting a source file causes an error:
--
error source file does not exist:
C:\TEMP\SandboxsYWZHr\staging\delete\DeleteMe.java

---- Another is that updating a source file by adding a new class to it
     does not seem to cause the new class to be generated:
--
result - [  1]: [  2]: [info   3]: info sandbox.classes: [main/Main.class]
result - [  1]: [  2]: [fail   0]: fail at end, expected file was not added

AFAIK, the the harness is making the filesystem changes between calls
to the incremental compiler correctly.  To walk through those,
put a breakpoint in the anonymous FileFilter in
IncCompilerRun.doStaging(..).  There's also a flag somewhere to not
delete the temporary/staging directories so you can inspect them
after the test run.  Let me know if you can't find it, and I'll look.

Wes

Back to the top