[aspectj-dev] ajde structure model updates

I've updated the AJDE structure model.  The mappings for advice are now
correct, and associations have corresponding kinds (e.g. "affects exception
handlers").

Note that 'code' nodes (method & constructor calls, field assessors, and
exception handlers) do not show up in the structure view trees.  This is
because those trees represent a declaration hierarchy.  However, advice will
point to those code nodes (their icon is two curly braces with ellipses in
between).  The back-pointer needs to come from an inline (gutter) annotation
since the corresponding code node does not show up under the method in the
declaration tree.  It appears that AJDT is not generating those.

What you need to do is, for every declaration node within a type, check if
it has any children.  Those children are the code nodes that have advice on
them.  Show all the relation nodes that they contain in the gutter.  I
haven't tested that with AJDT, so let me know if you have any trouble.

Model correspondences for inter-type declarations and "uses pointcut"
associations are still missing.

Source lines for code declarations are currently missing.  I'll check with
Jim on that.  I've hacked it so that they map to their parent's source
location (e.g. if method foo contains a handler that's advised, clicking on
that handler will take you to the source location of foo).  That's obvious
enough for now.

I've made a new self-contained model coverage test file:
ajde/testdata/examples/coverage/ModelCoverage.java
You can use this for testing.  A corresponding unit test should be made for
it.

Mik

Back to the top