Re: [aspectj-dev] Cygwin support for building ajc?

Hi -

Macneil Shonle wrote:

> Hi Wes,
>
> Thanks again for all of the information.
>
> As I brought over each module individually, Eclipse tried to build the module
> (unsuccessfully, due to dependencies on projects not yet brought over).

Try disabling incremental compilation before checking out [1].
The module order listed in the FAQ entry is roughly in dependency order.

> [...] I did a
> "rebuild all" and came up with a list of about 3000 warnings/issues. Many of the
> messages were of the form "deprecated function call".
> Could someone point me to the latest release build logs so I can see if these
> messages are normal?

No such logs, nor have we as committers decided to align on what should
be a warning or ignored (we agree with eclipse defaults on errors).
I suppose we could check in a set of eclipse preferences, not requiring
people to adopt them, but just so they know what we expect.  Try ignoring
deprecation and unused imports; that may be all.

Wes

[1] Module dependency order changes, so we don't track/document it.
The build module task is slated to output the dependency order for
easy discovery/tracking, but it's not a priority.

Back to the top