[aspectj-dev] Some minor changes to the code?

Hi!

I am not sure whether this is the right place to discuss this but I hope.

I have implemented a special class loader for dynamic weaving at class loading time using the weaver project from AspectJ. Therefore I had to make only a few changes to the original sources which I would love to put back into the project.

Would that be possible? All Tests are unchanged and still produce a green bar.

The changes are:

-> org.aspectj.weaver.bcel.BcelObjectType:
method "resetState" is now public.

-> org.aspectj.weaver.bcel.ClassPathManager:
I extracted a public method "addPath" out of the constructor to enable late adding of pathes.

-> org.aspectj.weaver.bcel.BcelWorld:
1.) method "addSourceObjectType" is now public
2.) I added a method
public void addPath (String name) {
  classPath.addPath(name);
}

-> org.aspectj.weaver.bcel.BcelWeaver:
1.) method "weave(ResolvedTypeX onType)" is now public
2.) I added a method similar to "weave(UnwovenClassFile classFile, BcelObjectType classType)" which does not include the calls to dump the changed or unchanged file contents. The method returns null, if the class is not changed by the method or the LazyClassGen object if the class os changed by the weaving process.

Thanks for lookig at it!!! Is this the right way to contribute something to the project or should I do it another way?

Best regards,
Martin

Back to the top