[aspectj-dev] 1.1beta3 released

I've completed the build of 1.1beta3 and put it up at eclipse.org/aspectj on the download page.  I plan to announce this to aspectj-users tomorrow after a few people have had a chance to verify that the release is working for them.  This release is of the compiler, ant tasks, ajbrowser and documentation only.  The 4 IDE integration projects will hopefully follow soon with their own releases.

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/aspectj-home/README-11.html

All reported bugs have been fixed in this release.  Very easy to reproduce bugs were submitted by Ron Bodkin, Nick Lesiecki, Ramnivas Laddad, Robert Fenk, Per Hustad, Adrian Colyer, Robert Wenner, and Doug Orleans.

There are four remaining failures in the test suite that need to be fixed before 1.1candidate1.
 1. aspect static initializers should run before instance constructed
 2. incompatible advice throws clause are a compile-time error
 3. can't apply around advice to the execution of around advice
 4. illegal name binding in around cflow

I hope to spend my limited development time working on identifying and fixing new issues with incremental compilation and aspects in bytecode libraries before the candidate release.

Thanks and stay in touch,
The AspectJ Team

Back to the top