Re: [aspectj-dev] should doc update pushes be synchronized with releases

If the doc updates clarify semantics already present in the 1.1b2 release,
then I'm all for releasing them. If however they describe changes that
won't be seen until the next release (1.1 final?), then I think there's
potential to cause confusion and we should probably wait (we could still
sneak a peek in CVS to see what's coming, right?).

-- Adrian
Adrian_Colyer@xxxxxxxxxx

                      hilsdale@xxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                  To:       aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      aspectj-dev-admin@        cc:
                      eclipse.org               Subject:  [aspectj-dev] should doc update pushes be synchronized with
                                                 releases

                      01/10/2003 03:21
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      aspectj-dev

Hello all,

I've just spent the night updating the semantics document
with 1.1 changes and general cleanups, and I thought I
should throw open a question to dev:

In the past, we've been fairly careful to only change
non-faq documentation on the website when we make a release.
This had the obvious benefit of having the web docs always
be exactly the same as the downloaded docs, so doc bug
reports wouldn't have to have that bit in them in terms of
versioning.

I think this is probably still a good idea, but it might be
a reasonable policy to break in the run-up to 1.1final.  Or
not.  Any thoughts?

(feel free to just let this mail go by if you're not
interested... docs tend to bore people on dev lists
*smile*).

-erik