[aspectj-announce] AJDT and E2M Connector updates for Eclipse 2024-03

Dear AspectJ users,

there are updates for both AspectJ Development Tools (AJDT) and Eclipse-to-Maven (E2M) Connector for AJDT. Both of them now support Eclipse IDE 2024-03 (4.31).

For AJDT, there was a version before, but it had a problem with Equinox OSGi weaving in Eclipse. So, if that is your use case, I think I have solved that problem, which is why I recommend you to update AJDT. The E2M Connector is newly available for 2024-03 since today. The update sites on repo.t5.fi (maintained by Miika Vesti) have been down for a while now, and I could not reach him. So, I quickly forked and re-published a slightly updated 2022-12 version and a new 2024-03 version on new aspectj.dev update sites as a workaround. Actually, I do not need yet another project I know next to nothing about to maintain on top of AJDT, AspectJ proper and AspectJ Maven Plugin, but without the connector, Eclipse users cannot import AspectJ compiler settings from AspectJ Maven, which would be suboptimal.

Disclaimers:

  • Just like AJDT, but even more so, the E2M Connector is maintained on a best-effort basis and neither thoroughly understood nor properly tested. I am not even an active Eclipse user. My main IDE is IntelliJ IDEA.
  • I barely have any free cycles for AJDT and E2M, so please do not expect me to maintain versions for older versions of Eclipse. My goal is to just keep them running on the latest release, which at the moment is 2024-03. As soon as I update them for more recent Eclipse releases, the previous ones are usually promptly abandoned.

You can find the update sites for both tools here.

Hope this helps
--
Alexander Kriegisch
https://scrum-master.de