[aspectj-announce] Panini: a language to ease concurrent programming

Colleagues:

This is to announce availability of Panini, a new programming language designed to ease concurrent programming.

Panini implements a new approach for implicitly concurrent program design that we call capsule-oriented programming. The main goal of capsule-oriented programming is to make concurrent programming more approachable for sequentially trained programmers. Our thesis is that this goal can be met, if facilities for concurrency are provided by augmenting existing facilities for modularization. Our current realization is a capsule-oriented extension of Java.

We would be very interested in your thoughts and feedback on our work.

Best wishes,
Hridesh

More information: http://paninij.org

An example: http://paninij.org/man/indexch4.html
Manual: http://paninij.org/man/

Download: http://paninij.org/download/

Opportunities: Panini is an open source project and we would welcome, and have many opportunities to contribute. Please do get in touch with us.

Back to the top