[aperi-news] Best wishes for Aperi

Hi,
It is with mixed feelings that I wanted to let the Aperi community know that I have accepted a new position within IBM. Effective immediately I will be moving to another position within IBM managing some of our WebSphere team contributing to Apache projects. I hope our paths will cross in the open source world in a new way.

I have enjoyed getting to know you and appreciate the support you have provided in getting the Aperi project to where it is today. I'm proud to have been part of this community. Aperi has accomplished many firsts for open source storage management in a short amount of time. I'm looking forward to seeing what you deliver in 2008.

On the IBM team, Russ Warren will be taking the lead in managing our IBM participation in Aperi. Many of you may already know him from his work on the IBM TPC product. I know he is excited about working with this community and Russ brings a wealth of software development and storage experience to the IBM Aperi team. Russ and Tom Guinane are both planning to be at SNW the week of Oct 15th. I hope many of you will have to opportunity to meet them at the Aperi gathering on Tuesday Oct 16th at 8:30pm.

All my best wishes for Aperi's continued success. Brenda

Brenda Haynes
Director, Aperi Open Source Project
zStorage SW Product Management
IBM Software Group