Re: [aperi-news] Aperi Community Call - Wed, May 9

As preparation for next Wednesday's discussion on the world wide Aperi Webcast, it would help if we can get input from you prior to the call in order to hold a productive meeting.  What do you think is an appropriate format and content for a one hour webcast on Aperi?
.
My initial thoughts would be to have someone kick off the webcast, take people through a slide presentation about Aperi, demo the code, and then hold a Question and Answer session, but lets hear from you.  What formats from other webcasts did you like?  Our target audience may have little  knowledge of Aperi, so we would want to inform them and leave them wanting more (possible participation, downloads, etc.)

What type of content would be valuable in a slide overview:  Aperi history?  goals and objectives?  storage management overview?  participation requirements?  code usage?  license concerns?

For those of you who have installed the code, what would you recommend we cover for users?  For those of you who haven't, what would incite you to do so?

Any comments you have are welcome.  Please respond on this forum for all to see.  Thanks!

Cheers,   Tom
Tom Guinane     Aperi Project Lead     IBM     408-284-4795     guinane@xxxxxxxxxx

Allen Marin/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: aperi-news-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/02/2007 06:18 AM

Please respond to
Aperi News <aperi-news@xxxxxxxxxxx>

aperi-news@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[aperi-news] Aperi Community Call - Wed, May 9

Aperi Community,
We will be having our next community call on Wednesday, May 9 to discuss details on the proposed WW Aperi webcast.  We will discuss content, format, as well as leveraging the SNW booth leads for attendance.     This will replace the community call on Thursday May 10th.

See you then.

Wednesday May 9th 8am PT/11am ET

The call info is as follows:

Toll Free:        877-421-0040