[aperi-news] Nov 9th Aperi 2007 Marketing/Community Building Decision Meeting

I'm sure many of you are already working on your plans for 2007, we need to do the same for our Aperi efforts. I'd like to use our November 9th 2pm PT Aperi Community call to hold a focused decision session around 2007 Aperi Community building or 'Marketing' activities.

Please plan to have at least one person from your company on the Nov 9th call who will cast your votes and priorities for 2007.

I've included below a proposed list of topics/decisions for this session. The thought is to post all the material to the Aperi Wiki by Tuesday Oct 24th, so that you will have to time review within your company and attend the meeting ready to prioritize and make decisions. If there are any volunteers willing to help with the proposals and options between now and October 24th, please let me know. Additional ideas and topics are welcome.

Proposed Community Building/Marketing Agenda for November 9th:

  • Agree on community building goals for 2007
  • Discuss Eclipse Foundation process for signing contracts and spending $s as well as options to do this as individual companies supporting the project
  • Discuss proposed criteria for Aperi event participation and select at least one of the proposed criteria
  • Prioritize 2007 events for Aperi participation
  • Review estimated costs for events and decide on next steps for 1Q07 Events
  • Review and decide among options for Press and Analysts updates and timing in 2007
  • Prioritize 2007 Aperi speaking opportunities at technical events and symposiums
  • Prioritize nonevent community building ideas such as Webcasts, Podcasts, Technical articles
  • Review Eclipse process for Academic projects and decide Aperi priorities for 2007

Thursday November 9th Call-in info:
Time: 2-3pm PT/5-6 pm PT
1-866-617-3597
Passcode: 6121165