Re: [aperi-dev] Re: Aperi Project status

Yes, you are correct.  I was thinking of the upcoming Eclipse World.  My
mistake.  I will let the team know about Planet Eclipse to see if there is
interest.
Regards,
--Al

Allen R. Heitman
Tivoli Storage Project Manager and Aperi Project Lead
IBM Corporation
3605 Hwy 52 North
Rochester, Minnesota 55901

Office Phone: 507-253-2405
Tie Line: 553-2405
Home Office: 507-367-4351
Mobile Phone: 507-269-0455
e-mail: aheitman@xxxxxxxxxx

             Wayne Beaton
             <wayne@xxxxxxxxxx
             g>                                                         To
             Sent by:                  Aperi Development
             aperi-dev-bounces         <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             @eclipse.org                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             09/24/2008 10:23          Re: [aperi-dev] Re: Aperi Project
             AM                        status

             Please respond to
             Aperi Development
             <aperi-dev@eclips
                  e.org>

I believe that you may be misunderstanding what PlanetEclipse is.
PlanetEclipse is a blog aggregator. Blogging is a pretty effective way
of letting the world know what you're up to and aggregating a blog on
the planet is a good way of making sure that the Eclipse community hears
about it.

Relatively speaking, blogging is cheap and the attention that it can
bring your project can add a lot of value.

Please consider participating with PlanetEclipse.

Thanks,

Wayne

Allen Heitman wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> I'd like to add that the Aperi team would like to participate in the
Planet
> Eclipse and other Eclipse venues and we have in the recent past.
However,
> in these uncertain economic times, it is very difficult to get travel
> approved so we must prioritize every dollar we have.
>
> Since Aperi is focused on Open Storage Systems management, the Aperi team
> strongly feels that we must have a presence at SNW to be successful in
> building a stronger developer, user and adopter community.
>
> In the July Aperi Community meeting, we had discussed not even having a
> presence at Fall SNW due to budget issues, however, some creative bean
> counter was able to provide us with a minimal budget to, at least, get us
> into a Tech Preview booth and a speaking slot.  We are grateful for this
> opportunity given the tightening of the belts everywhere else these days.
>
> I hope this helps explain our rational better.
>
> Thanks!
> --Al
>
> Allen R. Heitman
> Tivoli Storage Project Manager and Aperi Project Lead
> IBM Corporation
> 3605 Hwy 52 North
> Rochester, Minnesota 55901
>
> Office Phone: 507-253-2405
> Tie Line: 553-2405
> Home Office: 507-367-4351
> Mobile Phone: 507-269-0455
> e-mail: aheitman@xxxxxxxxxx
>

>              Russell

>              Warren/Raleigh/IB

>              M@IBMUS
>              Sent by:                  Aperi Development

>              aperi-dev-bounces         <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>              @eclipse.org
cc
>                                        technology-pmc

>                                        <technology-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

>              09/24/2008 09:11          aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx,

>              AM                        aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Subject
>                                        Re: [aperi-dev] Re: Aperi Project

>              Please respond to         status

>              Aperi Development

>              <aperi-dev@eclips

>                   e.org>

> Bjorn
>   My comment here relates only to participation with Planet Eclipse.
Aperi
> does work with other Eclipse based projects as well as the Eclipse
> community in general.  We cannot participate in every event but we
> do work within the community.  We have been involved with several Eclipse
> conferences, where we have held poster sessions to share our work with
the
> community.
>
> Russ
>

>  Bjorn Freeman-Benson