Re: [aperi-dev] Problems and doubts about Aperi SRM and San Simulator

Hi Ramani,

I simulated a brocade switch through SAN Simulator and tried to discover that in Aperi SRM. But I could not find any switch in the topology. Also, I could not figure out how to solve this issue. I could add the CIMOM of the switch but even after CIMOM discovery is successfully completed, the switch is not really discovered. Is it a known issue? Or am I missing something? What should I do to discover a simulated (configuration based) switch?

Also, I think the documentation about the schema of the database is not in sync with actual schema. Have any changes been made in the schema? If so, where can I find the latest schema? I saw the actual table T_RES_STORAGE_VOLUME and other tables in the Derby database, but they were not having the exact columns mentioned in the document, some of the mentioned columns were not present. Please clarify my doubts.

Also, thanks to Pallavi for clarifying my doubts, I am now clear about the two questions I asked.

Thanks and Regards,
Amudhan.

<OF3559B806.9FE56F55-ON8825743B.0017C288-8825743B.001864D6@xxxxxxxxxx>, Ramani
R Routray <routrayr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Amudhan,
>
> Thats great. Aperi SRM supports discovery of  CIM/SMI- S compliant storage
> subsystems. But, pls. check, if Aperi SRM is enabled for CIM/SMI- S
> discovery of FC Switches.
> I think current Aperi SRM supports discovery of FC switch through Brocade
> API and not through CIM/SMI- S.

Via the Fibre Channel MIB?

Robert