[aperi-dev] Re: Aperi Storage Network Simulator available for download

Tom,
I was reading through the aperi-dev mailing list and I saw this email from you:

> The Aperi project announces the first release of the Storage Network Simulator.  ...
> The Storage Network Simulator is now available for download at: http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/downloads.php

I also looked at the downloads page and noticed that the version number is 0.4.0.

Unfortunately, the Eclipse rules do not allow you to do this. Specifically, you may not call something a "release" without going through the Release Review process (community notification and review, IP clearance) and you may not have a 0.N file version (whether you call it a release or not) without doing that same process.

I believe you meant to say "the Aperi project announces milestone 1.0 M4 of the Storage Network Simulator", correct?  Because milestones are not "releases" and do not need to be reviewed.

Please update the website and download pages and features and files, etc. to refer to M4 --or-- go through the Release Review process for your 0.4 release. (see the sixth cartoon here: http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/ip-process-in-cartoons.php).

- Bjorn

Back to the top