Re: [aperi-dev] SAN simulator- DS6K-Aperi Issue

Hi Nissam,  I had examined the following logs.  It seems the install had
started

   Starting Ant Launcher
Running
targets:init,configureDerby,configureServer-win,configureAgent-win,download,postInstall

Is it possible that the download failed?   Can you try it again to see
whether you still have the problem.

Hans H. Lin,  Tivoli SAN Software Development
IBM Almaden Research Center, California
Phone: 408-927-2286, Fax: 408-927-2040
email: linh@xxxxxxxxxx

             "Nissamudeen
             Rawther"
             <rnissamudeen@nov                                          To
             ell.com>                  "Aperi Development"
             Sent by:                  <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             aperi-dev-bounces                                          cc
             @eclipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [aperi-dev] SAN simulator-
             12/24/2007 03:07          DS6K-Aperi Issue
             AM

             Please respond to
             Aperi Development
             <aperi-dev@eclips
                  e.org>

Hi Hans
     Thanks for the update.
     I am getting following error while trying to install the latest build.
best regards
nissam

     Logger initialized
Ant basedir:C:\Aperi4New\install
Filter: org.tp23.antinstaller.runtime.exe.LoadConfigFilter
Config loaded
Filter: org.tp23.antinstaller.runtime.exe.CreateUIFilter
Creating UI classes
Setting look and feel:com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsLookAndFeel
Can not correctly set Look And
Feel:com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsLookAndFeel.setAntiAliased
(boolean)
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsLookAndFeel.setAntiAliased(boolean)
 at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)
 at org.tp23.antinstaller.renderer.swing.plaf.LookAndFeelFactory.setLAF
(LookAndFeelFactory.java:63)
 at org.tp23.antinstaller.runtime.exe.CreateUIFilter.getRunner
(CreateUIFilter.java:72)
 at org.tp23.antinstaller.runtime.exe.CreateUIFilter.exec
(CreateUIFilter.java:47)
 at org.tp23.antinstaller.runtime.ExecInstall.exec(ExecInstall.java:85)
 at org.tp23.antinstaller.runtime.ExecInstall.main(ExecInstall.java:157)
 at org.eclipse.aperi.install.Activator.start(Activator.java:16)
 at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run
(BundleContextImpl.java:999)
 at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator
(BundleContextImpl.java:993)
 at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start
(BundleContextImpl.java:974)
 at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker
(BundleHost.java:346)
 at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume
(AbstractBundle.java:350)
 at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle
(Framework.java:1118)
 at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles
(StartLevelManager.java:634)
 at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL
(StartLevelManager.java:508)
 at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel
(StartLevelManager.java:282)
 at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent
(StartLevelManager.java:468)
 at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent
(EventManager.java:195)
 at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run
(EventManager.java:297)

Created UI classes
Filter: org.tp23.antinstaller.runtime.exe.PropertyLoaderFilter
loadDefaults attribute:null
Not loading defaults
Filter: org.tp23.antinstaller.runtime.exe.ExecuteRunnerFilter
Starting UI Screens
Install screens rendered
Filter: org.tp23.antinstaller.runtime.exe.PropertyPrinterFilter
auto build supported: false
Properties printed:C:\Aperi4New\install\ant.install.properties
Filter: org.tp23.antinstaller.runtime.exe.AntLauncherFilter
Starting Ant Launcher
Running
targets:init,configureDerby,configureServer-win,configureAgent-win,download,postInstall

Installation error: Error running the install, Ant run failed - examine the
error logs for details: class org.tp23.antinstaller.InstallException

>>> Hans Lin <linh@xxxxxxxxxx> 12/21/2007 12:27 AM >>>
Hi Nissam,

    I had confirmed what Ramani mentioned below - it should show pools and
volumes in the topology viewer for the simulated DS6K  using the latest SRM
code ( Milestone 0.4.0 Storage Resource Manager ) from download site.

Hans H. Lin,  Tivoli SAN Software Development
IBM Almaden Research Center, California
Phone: 408-927-2286, Fax: 408-927-2040
email: linh@xxxxxxxxxx

             Ramani R
             Routray/Almaden/I
             BM@IBMUS                                                   To
             Sent by:                  Aperi Development
             aperi-dev-bounces         <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             @eclipse.org                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             12/20/2007 10:18          Re: [aperi-dev] SAN simulator-
             AM                        DS6K-Aperi Issue

             Please respond to
             Aperi Development
             <aperi-dev@eclips
                  e.org>

Hi Nissam,

That's great. BlockServicesProfile is currently not supported by SAN
Simulator. We are working on it. This should be available in the next
release.
Number of Pools and Volumes are configurable by modifying the requirement
file. But, with the default requirement setting, it should show pools and
volumes in the topology.
Extrinsic Methods (Create/Delete Pool/Volume) are also supported. Let me
try to fix the defect on this and I will keep you updated on this.

regards,
Ramani R. Routray
IBM Almaden Research Center

             Hans Lin/San
             Jose/IBM@IBMUS
             aperi-dev-bounces         Aperi Development
             @eclipse.org              <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             12/20/2007 10:11                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: [aperi-dev] SAN simulator-
                                       DS6K-Aperi Issue

             Please respond to
             Aperi Development
             <aperi-dev@eclips
                  e.org>

Hi Nissam,  The simulated  DS6K - Aperi create volume problem  is a known
issue,  I had opened defect 213617 to address this problem.

Hans H. Lin,  Tivoli SAN Software Development
IBM Almaden Research Center, California
Phone: 408-927-2286, Fax: 408-927-2040
email: linh@xxxxxxxxxx

             "Nissamudeen
             Rawther"
             <rnissamudeen@nov                                          To
             ell.com>                  Ramani R Routray/Almaden/IBM@IBMUS
             aperi-dev-bounces         aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             @eclipse.org                                          Subject
                                       Re: [aperi-dev] SAN simulator-
                                       DS6K-Aperi Issue
             12/20/2007 12:55
             AM

             Please respond to
             Aperi Development
             <aperi-dev@eclips
                  e.org>

Hi
   Thanks Ramani and Hans.
   As you suggested gave the JAVA_HOME for the JDK Enterprise Edition, its
working now.
   Earlier the JAVA_HOME was jdk1.5.0_12.

   Discovery of DS4K happened from the Aperi, but the Block Services
profile is not available in the same and the
   namespace /interop not contains the CIM Storage classes.

   Tried discovery for the DS6K and used the namespace /root/ibm and it
worked fine.
   I couldn't create a volume through Aperi since i am getting error that
couldn't select pool since pool is not populating in Aperi.
   The topology also shows that there is no Pools and Volume available.

   I tried ECUTE CIM Explorer and found that there are instances available
for CIM_StoragePool and CIM_StorageVolume.
   Did somebody tried these simulator and got the Pools and Volumes in
Aperi?

best regards
nissam

>>> Ramani R Routray <routrayr@xxxxxxxxxx> 12/19/2007 10:54 PM >>>
Hi Nissamudeen,

1. As Hans suggested, you need to have Sun JDK 1.5 and Sun JRE 1.5 or
higher installed on your machine and have the environment variable set
(e.g, JAVA_HOME=c:\java5\jdk).
2. Also, are you trying to do a snapshot based simulation or configuration
based simulation ? My guess is snapshot based simulation. If, you could
please send Simulator logs - that would help me determine the problem.
    If, you are getting the MOF Compile errors with the configuration
approach - setting JAVA_HOME will resolve the problem.
3. For IBM DS4000, namespace is "/interop".

regards,
Ramani R. Routray
IBM Almaden Research Center
Tel: (408)-927-3559, Email : routrayr@xxxxxxxxxx

             "Nissamudeen
             Rawther"
             <rnissamudeen@nov                                          To
             ell.com>                  Ramani R Routray/Almaden/IBM@IBMUS
                                                                        cc
             12/19/2007 04:35          <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                       Re: [aperi-dev] SAN simulator-
                                       Blocker issue

Hi Ramani
    Thanks for the mail.
    Now i am getting error saying that "error in compiling mofs.." while
doing the setup for DS4K.
    Attached the setupWizard.log.
    I started the simulator_start_cimom.bat after installation...
    I tried the namespace as /root/cimv2 since /root/ibm was not working,
any other namespace i need to try?.
    Aperi CIMOM test worked fine but the discovery failed.
    Attached the zip files with log messages from Aperi.
best regards
nissam

>>> Ramani R Routray <routrayr@xxxxxxxxxx> 12/14/2007 10:19 PM >>>
Hi Nissamudeen,

Configuration based simulation for DS4K should be pretty quick and you
should be able to discover it using Aperi.
Please find attached, user guide and a Camtasia video of installation. This
should guide you through the installation process.

(See attached file: Camtasia.zip)     (See attached file:
SanSimulatorUserGuide1.4.pdf)

regards,
Ramani R. Routray
IBM Almaden Research Center

             "Nissamudeen
             Rawther"
             <rnissamudeen@nov                                          To
             ell.com>                  "Aperi Development"
             Sent by:                  <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             aperi-dev-bounces                                          cc
             @eclipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [aperi-dev] SAN simulator- Blocker
             12/14/2007 07:09          issue
             AM

             Please respond to
             Aperi Development
             <aperi-dev@eclips
                  e.org>

Hi
    I tried installing SAN Simulator in My Windows XP box.>
    I installed DB2 express edition created the database (SIMDB).
    There was problem in creating the database with the CreateDatabase.bat
since the
    the DB2 utility exe path is hardcoded somewhere. I executed the steps
with the help of logs.

     While executing the simulator setup.bat , following are the steps i
followed.
      1) Simulate Option - Simulate Device
      2) Interactive Mode - Configuration based
      3) Storage - DS4K...
      4) Test DB - OK
      5) Gave the config path for 4k..
      6) Select all the options in the Customize SetUp
      7) Click on Setup.
   After this step i got message that "It may take some time ....."
   It went up to several minutes and i got alert message from XP that my "D
Drive running out of space "
   I chose the CIMOM directory as "D:\TEMP".
   I found that the simulator creating directory structure recursively like
cimom->wbemservices->cimom->wbemservices.......
   It was that bad that it created too many directory such that i can't
delete the folder through explorer and even from  command prompt.
   Later i wrote a java program to recursively delete the files and
directories.
   It was really bad experience for me, it took lot of my time.
   Please do the needful.
best regards
nissam

>>> Todd Singleton <toddsing@xxxxxxxxxx> 12/8/2007 1:42 AM >>>

You can get the latest:
www.eclipse.org/aperi/downloads.php (scroll down under the SRM product)

It has not been blessed as the official .4 release however because a defect
that is being ironed out. However, you can feel free to download and use.

Todd Singleton
Software Engineer, Tivoli, IBM
Menlo Park, CA
email: toddsing@xxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for "Selim Daoud" <selim.daoud@xxxxxxxxx>"Selim
Daoud" <selim.daoud@xxxxxxxxx>

                         "Selim Daoud"
                         <selim.daoud@
                         gmail.com>
                         Sent by:      (Embedded image moved to file:
                         aperi-dev-bou pic14386.gif)
                         nces@eclipse.                                  To
                         org                          (Embedded image
                                                      moved to file:
                                                      pic24674.gif)
                         12/07/2007                   "Aperi Development"
                         11:21 AM                     <aperi-dev@eclipse.o
                                                      rg>
                                       (Embedded image moved to file:
           Please respond to           pic30005.gif)
           Aperi Development                                            cc
        <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>                       (Embedded image
                                                      moved to file:
                                                      pic20841.gif)
                                       (Embedded image moved to file:
                                       pic26484.gif)
                                                                   Subject
                                                      (Embedded image
                                                      moved to file:
                                                      pic13663.gif)
                                                      [aperi-dev] SAN
                                                      simulator

                                       (Embedded image moved to file:
                                       pic04621.gif)
                                                   (Embedded image moved
                                                   to file: pic15836.gif)

Hi all,
I recall that a SAN simulator would be available anytime soon.
is it still the case? does anyone know when this simulator might be
available?
thanks

selim