Re: [aperi-dev] Aperi R4 installation instructions - now available for review

I'll try to do some research this week, and I'll add this as an agenda item for the Wednesday technical meeting.

Dave Wolfe/Portland/IBM (dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx) TL: 775-3376 Office: 503-578-3376 Personal: 503-329-3960

UI Technical Lead, Aperi Open Source Storage Management http://www.eclipse.org/aperi

"A good composer does not imitate; he steals." - Igor Stravinsky

Chris King/Chicago/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/16/2007 07:43 PM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [aperi-dev] Aperi R4 installation instructions - now available for        review

Thanks for looking into this Dave. If we don't support DB2 v9 or higher, but can't provide a link to DB2 v8.1, how do we tell users to get DB2 v8.1?

I'll keep looking for a link out there, but if anyone else has one or has another solution please let me know.
_________________

Chris King
Information Development - Aperi
chriskng@xxxxxxxxxx
Aperi documentation:
http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/documentation/

Inactive hide details for Dave Wolfe/Portland/IBM@IBMUSDave Wolfe/Portland/IBM@IBMUS

Dave Wolfe/Portland/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/16/2007 05:26 PM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Subject

Re: [aperi-dev] Aperi R4 installation instructions - now available for review

Step 3: Plan for the database repository

Bad links for both 'here' references to DB2.

The first link for DB2 is dead. You get this error from the web page.

The second link leads to :

I tried changing the query:

but I don't see a free download. Do we really need Express-C? That seems odd.

I changed the query again to just DB2+9.5 and got a lot of hits for free trials:

25.
Trial: DB2 9.5 Data Server Trial (DB2 9.5 data server trial for Windows(R) on 32-bit AMD and Intel systems (x86))
DB2 9.5 expands on the power and capabilities of DB2 9.1. Download the DB2 9.5 trial and test drive it for up to 90 days. | Operating system: Windows | Version: 9.5 | File size: 438MB | Release date: 31 Oct 2007

Though oddly I can't find one for 32-bit X86 Linux...

I don't know of an external link to download DB2 V8.1 anymore.
We seem to say in the instructions that you can use DB2 V8 or V9.

Did we decide we supported DB2 V9? I don't recall that.

Hans are you testing with DB2 V9? I have been using V8.1.

This would have bearing on some of the defects we have been working on.

Dave Wolfe/Portland/
IBM (dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx) TL: 775-3376 Office: 503-578-3376 Personal: 503-329-3960

UI Technical Lead, Aperi Open Source Storage Management http://www.eclipse.org/aperi

"A good composer does not imitate; he steals." - Igor Stravinsky

Chris King/Chicago/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/12/2007 04:32 PM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[aperi-dev] Aperi R4 installation instructions - now available for review

The installation instructions for Aperi R4 are now available for review at:
http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/documentation/r4/install.php

These installation instructions provide information about:
- Planning for Aperi
- Downloading Aperi files (including third-party files)
- Installing Aperi
- Starting and shutting down Aperi
- Uninstalling Aperi
- Performing post-installation configuration (with the Configuration Utility)
- Grant local administrative privileges to a domain account

Comments, suggestions, and edits are welcome. You can respond through aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx or by filing a bug report at
: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/.