Re: [aperi-dev] Aperi R0.4 release notes - now available for review

Hi Chris,

Sections 1.3 and 1.4 describe the same feature - unless you
intend to differentiate general purpose virtual machine technology
in section 1.3, with the Xen implementation in section 1.4.

I would suggest the following revision (typo fixes), for section 1.4

==

1.4 Monitoring Xen virtual machines and collecting information about paravirtualized block devices

You can now use Aperi Storage Manager to discover and collect data about XEN virtual machines (guests) running under Linux. Xen is an open source technology that enables you to deploy Windows and Linux virtual machines using the Xen Hypervisor and XenBus controller. The Xen Hypervisor is a thin layer of software which can host multiple virtual machines that run independently of each other while sharing hardware resources.

Install a Data agent on each Xen virtual machine that you want to monitor and then run probes to collect data about the paravirtualized block devices presented to those virtual machines. Aperi displays each Xen virtual machine as an explandable node under Data Manager > Reporting > Asset > By Computer in the navigation tree. Expand a Xen's node to view detailed information about its XenBus controller, disks, and filesystems or logical volumes.

==

And under known limitations, please add mention for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (SLES10) and SLES10 Sp1.  Also, I think the Aperi version number is now 0.4, changed below:

==

2. Known limitations

To view a list of known issues in Aperi, or to file your own bug report or enhancement request, please visit: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/

Aperi v0.4 was tested on Windows 2003 Enterprise Server, SUSE Linux Enteprise Server 10 (SLES10), and Linux RedHat 3.0. Any testing in addition to these platforms would be considered a valuable contribution to the Aperi effort and we recommend recording a Bugzilla at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/.

==

Thanks,
Robert

<OF9C0C9B80.01674387-ON87257395.005A276A-86257395.005A712D@xxxxxxxxxx>, Chris
King <chriskng@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The release notes for Aperi R0.4 are now available for review at:
> http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/documentation/r4/releasenotes.php
>
> These release notes provide information about:
>
> -   New features available in Aperi Storage Manager (Aperi) R0.4
> -   Known problems and limitations
> -   Any Additional documentation for new features
>
> Comments, suggestions, and edits are welcome. You can respond through
> aperi-  dev@xxxxxxxxxxx or by filing a bug report at:
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/.
>
> Chris King
> Information Development -   Aperi