Re: Fwd: Re: [aperi-dev] Authentication failed.

Hi Dave
    The SLED is in 32 bit platform. JVM used is JDK 1.5.09(Sun).
    Sorry for the delay, will mail you with log details once i am back in office by 12th.
best regards
nissam

>>> Dave Wolfe <dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx> 11/10/07 4:28 AM >>>
Well, it looks like at least a couple of things went wrong.
Your data agent aborted.
The data server's scheduling service couldn't connect to the DB and it
exited.
>From these proximate symptoms I am guessing at a deeper root cause to all
your issues on this platform.
Is this 32-bit or 64-bit Linux?
What JVM are you running?

Let's collect some more data:
Turn data server tracing on:
Edit <APERIINSTALLDIR>\datasvr\config\ServerTraceLog.config. You'll see a
bunch of lines like
        ITSRM.logger.trace.TivoliSRM-GUI.logging=false
Replace all logging=false with logging=true throughout the document and
recycle the data server.

Turn agent tracing on:
Edit <APERIINSTALLDIR>\agent\config\AgentTraceLog.config. Replace:
        ITSRM.logger.trace.Agent.logging=false
with
        ITSRM.logger.trace.Agent.logging=true

Turn device server tracing on:
Edit <APERIINSTALLDIR>\devsvr\config\logging.properties
Replace:
        aperi.logger.trace.level=WARN
with
        aperi.logger.trace.level=ALL
Edit <APERIINSTALLDIR>\devsvr\config\nativelog.properties
Replace:
        native.trace.level=DEBUG_MIN
with
        native.trace.level=DEBUG_MAX

Then can you zip up for me all of the logs? <APERIINSTALLDIR>/*/log/*

Dave Wolfe/Portland/IBM (dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx) TL: 775-3376 Office:
503-578-3376 Personal: 503-329-3960
UI Technical Lead, Aperi Open Source Storage Management
http://www.eclipse.org/aperi
"A good composer does not imitate; he steals." - Igor Stravinsky

"Nissamudeen Rawther" <rnissamudeen@xxxxxxxxxx>
11/06/2007 10:27 PM

Dave Wolfe/Portland/IBM@IBMUS
cc

Subject
Fwd: Re: [aperi-dev] Authentication failed.

Hi Dave
    Thanks for the quick response.
    I tried the installation in Linux also, Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop
10.
    Used the bundle Aperi_R0.3.1_incubation.zip and followed the
installation instructions.
    After the installation i got the first error like invalid group, then
i changed the server.conf of the
    data server and that problem fixed. Now the error says that the userid
is not mapped to the
    aperi storage manager role. I am using the user id "root" which
belongs to the group "root".
    The adminGroup entry in server.conf , gave value as "root".
    Please find attached the screenshots and zip file logs.
best regards
nissam

>>> Dave Wolfe <dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx> 11/02/07 10:11 PM >>>

Hi Nissam,

Hmmmm, not sure what's up.
Can you tell me exactly which version you're installing (name of zip file
you downloaded)?
Can you shutdown Aperi and zip up the directory <APERI INSTALL
DIRECTORY>/datasvr/log (Normally C:\Aperi\datasvr\log) and email it to me?
Screenshots would be handy as well.

Thanks,

Dave Wolfe/Portland/IBM(dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx) TL: 775-3376 Office:
503-578-3376 Personal: 503-329-3960
UI Technical Lead, Aperi Open Source Storage Management
http://www.eclipse.org/aperi
"A good composer does not imitate; he steals." - Igor Stravinsky

"Nissamudeen Rawther" <rnissamudeen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/02/2007 08:42 AM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject
[aperi-dev] Authentication failed.

Hi
  I installed the Aperi storage manager by following the install
instructions.
  While trying to login to the storage manager with the utility
gui/gui.bat
  the screen got hanged. Tried to connect using the RCPGui client , the
connecting
  to server message only coming.

   I installed the Aperi components on Windows XP.
   The user ID and password i used was my Windows userid (it has
administrative privilege, belongs to Administer group).
   Please help me to solve the problem.
best regards
nissam