Re: [aperi-dev] Documentation for Aperi: v0.4 and beyond

Thanks for looking at the plan Tom. My reponses appear below your comments.
_________________

Chris King
Information Development - Aperi
chriskng@xxxxxxxxxx
Aperi: http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/index.php

Inactive hide details for Tom Guinane/San Jose/IBM@IBMUSTom Guinane/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS

          Tom Guinane/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS
          Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          10/30/2007 04:46 PM

          Please respond to
          Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

Re: [aperi-dev] Documentation for Aperi: v0.4 and beyond

Chris,
I took a look at the ID Plan, dated 10/08/07. It looks great. I have a few comments:

Section 1.1: Availability target is now 11/30/07
> CK: Done.
Section 1.2: Do we need this section? I'm assuming there will be a ID Plan for release 0.5? Or is the intent for this plan to cover 0.4 plus the work you will be doing up to the point when and IP Plan for 0.5 is created? If so, the list here should now map to the 2Q08 list in the approved Aperi roadmap; http://wiki.eclipse.org/images/f/f8/Aperi_Technical_Roadmap_v7.pdf
> CK: I added a link to the above roadmap to this section. I kept section 1.2 in the ID plan to provide a preview of the R5 release until I can develop its own ID plan in Q1 2008.
Section 2.3.3: Regarding the on-line help strategy, have you heard if jh.jar can be used? How much development resource will you need for this work in 0.4? It may be a tight fit to make this happen this release.
> CK: I have not gotten a defininitive answer about jh.jar, so for R4 it will require the same manual download process it required for R3. For R5, I have tentatively scheduled the conversion of the help system from JavaHelp to an Eclipse-based format, thus removing the requirement of including jh.jar. The line item for this conversion appears in section 2.1 and is scheduled for Q2 2008.

Cheers, Tom
Tom Guinane Aperi Project Lead IBM ARC 408-927-2104 guinane@xxxxxxxxxx http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/

Chris King/Chicago/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/17/2007 08:43 AM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[aperi-dev] Documentation for Aperi: v0.4 and beyond

There is a document now available on the Aperi website that describes the information development (ID) deliverables for Aperi Storage Manager (Aperi) v0.4 and future versions. The ID deliverables for Aperi include: installation instructions, release notes, online help, a user's guide, and API documentation.

The documentation plan is located here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Aperi_Documentation_Plan. You can also access it through the Architecture page on the Aperi wiki at: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Aperi/architecture.

Please feel free to download and view the documentation plan. You can provide comments, edits, and suggestions for this document and other Aperi documentation through bugzilla (
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug_wizard.cgi?product=Aperi) or respond directly to the aperi-dev mailing list (https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/aperi-dev).

The current documentation for Aperi v0.3 is located here:
http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/documentation/