[aperi-dev] Re: Aperi R4 - new functionality

<OF121CDAC6.8A95D0E6-ON87257375.000CA6EB-86257375.000DAF36@xxxxxxxxxx>, Chris
King <chriskng@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the information Robert. I wrote the following high- level
> overview of the new Xen functionality based on your feedback. Can you
> review it and provide any feedback on its accuracy and completeness for the
> R4 release notes?:

> "You can now use Aperi Storage Manager to discover and collect data about
> Xen virtual machines (guests) running
> under Linux.  Xen is an open source technology that enables you to deploy
> to Windows and Linux virtual machines using

Windows and Linux virtual machines using

> the Xen Hypervisor and XenBus controller. The Xen Hypervisor is a thin

the Xen Hypervisor and XenBus virtual disk controller. The Xen Hypervisor is a thin

> layer of software which can host multiple
> virtual machines that run independently of each other while sharing
> hardware resources.
>
> Install a Data agent on each Linux- based, Xen virtual machine that you want
> to monitor and then run probes to collect data about
> the disk devices presented to those virtual machines. Aperi displays each
> virtual machine as an explandable node under
> Data Manager > Reporting > Asset > By Computer in the navigation tree.
> Expand a virtual machine's node to view
> detailed information about its XenBus controller, disks, and filesystems or
> logical volumes."

Reads great, thanks Chris.

> I assume that
> VMs will appear as computers in the "Computers" node on this page for R4.

Yes, virtual machines treated same as physical = computers.

Hth,
Robert

Back to the top