Re: [aperi-dev] Post installation issues

Hi Arijit,

1. Create a group called adm with gid = 4. There is also a property file that can
be used to configure this from the Aperi side.

2. The agent code is trying to scan your fibre channel network using SNIA's HBA API,
which is a library that tries to open hba.conf in order to determine the HBA vendor
supplied shared library. Since you probably don't have an HBA, this message is normal.
Safe to ignore.

3. The next release of Aperi (0.4) includes a SAN simulator. I've not tried it myself,
but it's been discussed here.

Hth,
Robert

>>> "Arijit Dutta" <darijit@xxxxxxxxxx> 10/09/07 10:43 PM >>>
Hi,

I have installed and configured Aperi as per the installation guide. The only deviation from that I did was to change the download.xml file to point to the correct Jasper load. The issues I am facing are:

1. When I launch the AperiRcpGui, it prompts me for the user name and password. I put in the credentials corresponding to "root". In response I get an error dialog box which says :
"GEN00181: Response received from host <localhost>:
 SRV0109E: Group not found (GID =4)
 GEN70711: Above error occurred sending Request (org.eclipse.aperi.server.svp.ServerSvp , org.eclipse.aperi.server.handler.server.SignonHndlr)

2. When I run "aperi" from the Aperi installation folder, I get the following error "Cannot open /etc/hba.conf"

3. Is there a simulator available for Aperi, if yes where can I download it from.

Thanks
Arijit