[aperi-dev] Bugzilla - how to get started

Ramani asked me how to get started with Bugzilla.  I am posting my response here so anyone else who has the need might find this helpful.  Obtaining a Bugzilla account and entering defects for the Aperi project is pretty straightforward:

How to Create a Bugzilla account
  1. Go to https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/createaccount.cgi, fill in your userid, and reply to the email when you get it.

How to create a defect/enhancement:
  1. Go to the Aperi Home page, http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/ and click on Submit Enhancements
  2. Login to your Bugzilla account (if you are not already logged in)
  3. On the 'Bugzilla – Enter Bug: Aperi' form, select the Component and fill out the rest of the fields as appropriate.  At a minimum, you should complete the Summary and Description fields.   If this is a bug, make sure to change the Severity field from enhancement  to something else.
  4. Click on the Commit button

Canned Aperi Bugzilla reports (to find the defects you created) can be found by clicking on the Bug Reports link from the Aperi home page or by going here: http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/bugs.php

Cheers,   Tom
Tom Guinane     Aperi Project Lead     IBM ARC     408-927-2104     guinane@xxxxxxxxxx     http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/